Both the Spangle and Ellensburg, Washington training centers have been merged and will be managed and run by the Ellensburg Training Director, Ole Fjellstad. As many of you know, this effort has been in the works for some time and we are pleased that it has all come together.
"I'm excited about the opportunity to lead this effort to expand our training capacity throughout the state, which is critical for the training needs of our apprentices and journeymen. Expanding our capacity to train our members only ensures our ability to produce and deploy the most qualified operators in the field." said Ole.
"Ole is a longstanding Local 302 member and has done an outstanding job running the Ellensburg Training Center for the past 10 years. This was a logical adjustment to our training operations and we are enthusiastic about the expanded training opportunities that we will be able to offer to our members." said Daren Konopaski, Business Manager and Training Trust Member.
A few logistical changes and updates to the services offered for Spangle include:
- Training courses will now operate on a 4-day, 10-hour training schedule consistent with Ellensburg (Monday through Thursday).
- The Spangle office will remain open Monday through Thursday, 6:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The students who live over 80 miles from Spangle will now be able to stay at a hotel paid for by the training center.
- Spangle has acquired nine new pieces of equipment (3 loaders, 3 dozers and 3 excavators).
- Spangle only provides training in Loader, Dozer and Excavator. All other practical and written training is now held in Ellensburg, which includes (but is not limited to) forklift, blade, NCCCO, CDL, grade checking, etc. All Safety courses are now via in-class instruction and Zoom.